FoCA has cats who are ideal for barns, sheds, garages, farms, horse stables or other locations with outdoor shelter. Make a difference in a cats’ life and get a companion to keep your area pest-free.
Cats for Barns in Monroe, MI
Rodent & Pest Control VIA Cats
While it’s true cats often like a relaxed lifestyle, there are those who, much like dogs, love to work and be in the great outdoors. Some are socialized (friendly) and some are feral (untamed) but all of them serve an important purpose around your barn / garage.
The 411 on the Barn Cats Program
- Barn cats may be feral, socialized or otherwise unsuitable for adoption in a conventional home setting
- You promise to provide shelter and daily food and water
- Barn cats discourage rodents and other vermin
- These cats provide companionship for horses and other farm animals
- All barn cats come spayed/neutered and vaccinated
- FoCA will come to acclimate the cat to your barn
- While there is no fee, we appreciate a donation of $100 to cover medical costs, if possible
In addition to barn cats, FoCA also runs a free-roaming (feral/stray) cat program for those un-owned community cats who live outside full-time. So, if you find a cat that’s living in your area that’s unattended they might also qualify discount spay/neuter.
If you’d like to learn more about barn cats, or any of our other programs, contact us today.
Steps for Adopting Barn Cats
- Call to learn what barn cats we have available.
- Pick up your cat from us at the designated time.
- If you’re able, make a donation to cover the medical costs of your new feline companion.
Although there is no fee for our barn cats, it does cost us around $100 to cover the cats medical care prior to arrive at your location. Since we are an all-volunteer, non-profit organization, any donations are appreciated so we can continue our work.
FOCA’s Cat Programs
The Paws Clinic, a high-quality, affordable spay and neuter service, has done over 40K procedures. They offer discounts to people seeking low-cost vet services for felines.
To help control the cat population in Monroe County FoCA offers trap, spay/neuter, and release programs. It’s a great way to keep neighborhood cats from overpopulation.
Discourage rodents and provide a companion for horses and other farm animals. Each cat is spayed/neutered and vaccinated so they are ready to ‘work’ and be a friend to your family.
We often have senior cats in need of quiet loving households. At other times, we’ve got felines of all ages that need a foster home. For seniors humans seeking companionship it’s win/win.
Find the Purrrr-fect Best Friend
Check out our list of adoptable cats and kittens from Petfinder today!