Barn Cats are semi-feral and totally free thanks to community support. Make a DONATION to FOCA Today.
FoCA has cats who are ideal for barns, sheds, garages, farms, horse stables or other locations with outdoor shelter. Make a difference in a cats’ life and get a companion to keep your area pest-free.
While it’s true cats often like a relaxed lifestyle, there are those who, much like dogs, love to work and be in the great outdoors. It’s a great way to address rodent and pest control naturally. Some barn cats in Monroe, MI are socialized (friendly) and some are feral (untamed) but all of them serve an important purpose around your barn / garage.
The 411 on the Barn Cats Program
- Barn cats may be feral, socialized or otherwise unsuitable for adoption in a conventional home setting
- You promise to provide shelter and daily food and water
- Barn cats discourage rodents and other vermin
- These cats provide companionship for horses and other farm animals
- All barn cats come spayed/neutered and vaccinated
- FoCA will come to acclimate the cat to your barn
- While there is no fee, we appreciate a donation of $100 to cover medical costs, if possible
In addition to barn cats, FoCA also runs a free-roaming (feral/stray) cat program for those un-owned community cats who live outside full-time. So, if you find a cat that’s living in your area that’s unattended they might also qualify discount spay/neuter.
If you’d like to learn more about barn cats, or any of our other programs, contact us today.
Step for Adopting Barn Cats
- Steps for Adopting Barn Cats
- Call to learn what barn cats we have available.
- Pick up your cat from us at the designated time.
- If you’re able, make a donation to cover the medical costs of your new feline companion.
Although there is no fee for our barn cats, it does cost us around $100 to cover the cats medical care prior to arrive at your location. Since we are an all-volunteer, non-profit organization, any donations are appreciated so we can continue our work.
vet clinics nearby Monroe county
ABOUT THE PAWS CLINIC – “The PAWS Clinic is a 501c3 tax-exempt, non-profit whose mission is to decrease animal homelessness and needless euthanasia by making high quality, affordable spay/neuter services available to our community.” – https://thepawsclinic.com/
ABOUT HUMANE OHIO – All spay/neuter surgeries are performed by our licensed veterinarians (DVMs) and all animals entrusted to Humane Ohio are attended to before and after spay/neuter surgery by licensed veterinary technicians. We also have a great team of trained veterinary assistants and administrative staff who help make it possible for us to spay/neuter over 19,000 animals a year! – https://humaneohio.org/
Friends of Companion animals Services
Low Cost Spay Neuter
Humane Ohio and The Paws Clinic offer a high-quality, low-cost cat spay / neuter service. They offer discounts to people seeking low-cost vet services for felines.
Trap Neuter Return
To help control the cat population in Monroe County FoCA offers TNR advice. It’s a great way to keep neighborhood cats from overpopulation.
free barn cats
Discourage rodents and provide a companion for other farm animals. Each cat is spayed/neutered and vaccinated so they are ready to ‘work’ and be a friend.
senior cats for seniors
We often have senior cats in need of quiet loving households. For senior humans seeking companionship it’s win/win for everybody.